Understanding how to invest is absolutely critical when it comes to achieving your abundant retirement. And that goes beyond the task of choosing where to invest your money—you have to make sure your portfolio doesn’t have you paying unnecessary fees or put you in a risky position when it comes to market volatility. Here to share what it takes to maximize your returns is Founder and President of Ross Wealth Advisors, Don Ross.
In this episode, Don shares key investment insights from the upcoming third edition of his book, A Retiree’s Financial Survival Handbook. Listen in to learn common investing mistakes to avoid, why it’s so important to stay invested and diversified, and more.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- What may be leading to your portfolio not getting the returns you’re hoping for.
- Where 91.5% of any portfolio’s growth comes from.
- How turnover can create unseen costs.
- What you need to understand about mutual funds.
- Why Don wrote A Retiree’s Financial Survival Handbook and how to get a free copy.
- The problem with chasing returns.
- What you have to be cautious about when reading financial magazines.
- The common mistake people make when choosing funds in their 401k and investing outside their 401k.
- Three key things to keep in mind about returns.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
[bctt tweet=”The closer you are to retirement, the less time you have, and you go from accumulating—which is easy—to distribution. – @donairborne” username=”@donairborne”]
[bctt tweet=”You have to be very careful understanding if someone says, ‘hey we did 12% over the last five years,’ what does that really mean as far as appreciation of your portfolio? -@donairborne” username=”@donairborne”]
[bctt tweet=”If I could convey one thing in my life of advising people for the last thirty years—do not time the market. If you have and got lucky, well that’s lucky. -@donairborne” username=”@donairborne”]
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Are you ready to start planning for your Abundant Retirement?
Contact Don and his team at Ross Wealth Advisors today to start with an easy conversation about your retirement plans and options.
You can give us a call at: 614.545.0277
Or, come by the Ross Wealth Advisors’ Columbus, Ohio offices at:
1093 Fishinger Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Enjoy the show? Use the links below to subscribe:
Ready to Take The Next Step?
For more information about any of the products and services listed here, schedule a meeting today or register to attend a seminar.