What Does Retirement Look Like To You?
What does retirement look like to you?
- Maybe it’s traveling around the world
- Maybe it’s gardening or having a second home
- Maybe it’s babysitting your grandchildren or spending time with them
- Maybe it’s visiting art museums or touring wineries for the best vino
Likely your ideal retirement includes some or all of these adventures and more. You and your partner will define your retirement by planning years before and including your financial advisor in your discussion.
As defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary, retirement means “withdrawal from one’s position or occupation or from active working life.” Yes, retirement means not working, doing the things you want to do and working on your bucket list.
Planning for retirement isn’t only about saving for retirement through your 401K, pension, IRA, etc., it’s also about reviewing and understanding your tax burden once you’re retired and planning for that as well. Many future retirees are expecting their income tax rate to decrease in retirement and that simply isn’t the case.
Most clients that come to their first meeting or financial evaluation at Ross Wealth Advisors have these questions or concerns as they contemplate their future:
- Will I outlive my retirement savings?
- I’m afraid to retire and no longer have a paycheck coming in.
- I don’t have confidence in my retirement plan or I don’t have a retirement plan.
- Can I afford to retire and keep my lifestyle?
- Will I be able to pay for health care in retirement?
If any of these questions resonate with you, contact Don Ross at Ross Wealth Advisors to schedule your complimentary financial assessment or receive a second opinion of your existing retirement plan.
Ready to Take The Next Step?
For more information about any of the products and services listed here, schedule a meeting today or register to attend a seminar.