With so much misinformation out there, it’s easy to buy into common misconceptions about retirement. So today we’re kicking off our four-part series about retirement myths to set the record straight. And who better to shed light on the truth of retirement planning than Founder and President of Ross Wealth Advisors, Don Ross?
In this episode, Don tackles the first myth of our series: the false notion that retirement is a number, or a set dollar amount. Listen in to hear why looking at retirement that way is risky, as well as what you should focus on instead to ensure your future financial well-being.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- The problem with the myth that retirement is a dollar amount.
- What retirement planning should be about.
- How the mindset about debt and mortgage has changed over the years.
- What “abundant retirement” really means.
- The difference between a custom retirement plan and one from a big company.
- When an aggressive portfolio can work — and when it hurts you.
- The important thing a lot of people forget to consider about their retirement accounts.
Ideas Worth Sharing:
[bctt tweet=”A mortgage is not a bad thing. – @donairborne” username=”@donairborne”]
[bctt tweet=”Most of you that are saving that are still ten years out or retired, most of your savings are where? In retirement accounts, and you’ve paid none of that tax. -@donairborne” username=”@donairborne”]
[bctt tweet=”When we build a plan…we can amend it, we can look at it every year, because you know what? The curveballs of life are going to happen to you in retirement. -@donairborne” username=”@donairborne”]
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Are you ready to start planning for your Abundant Retirement?
Contact Don and his team at Ross Wealth Advisors today to start with an easy conversation about your retirement plans and options.
You can give us a call at: 614.545.0277
Or, come by the Ross Wealth Advisors’ Columbus, Ohio offices at:
1093 Fishinger Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221
Enjoy the show? Use the links below to subscribe:
Ready to Take The Next Step?
For more information about any of the products and services listed here, schedule a meeting today or register to attend a seminar.