Ep #011: Preserving and Enjoying Your Retirement Savings
So many people work hard throughout their lives to save and put money away for retirement, but they don’t spend enough time figuring out what they’re going to do once that day comes. Unfortunately, this lack of planning can lead to stress and financial strain later, leaving you worrying about what your income is going to be and if it’s going to last over the course of your retirement. Here to help you avoid that fate is Founder and President of Ross Wealth Advisors, Don Ross.
In this episode, Don focuses on how to preserve and enjoy your money after you’ve accumulated it. Listen in to hear how you can plan to protect your savings, as well as key insights from the upcoming third edition of his book, A Retiree’s Financial Survival Handbook.
Listen to the Full Episode:
What You’ll Learn In Today’s Episode:
- A good rule of thumb for figuring out what percentage of your savings to protect from market risk.
- The important thing to keep in mind about recovering from a loss in your portfolio.
- What Don has learned from the hundreds of families he’s worked with over the years.
- The meaning of “red money” vs. “green money.”
- What makes Ross Wealth Advisors different.
- Don’s four-step process for new clients.
- How to avoid being invested inappropriately later in life.
Ideas Worth Sharing:Risk is all about how much can you afford and how much can you stomach losing when we have the next 2008 or 2001. - @donairborne Click To Tweet If you’re retired already and you’re afraid to enjoy your money, then it has no value. -@donairborne Click To Tweet Retirement—and approaching retirement—is a fundamental change in your life; you’ve got to make a fundamental change in how you’re positioning your savings. -@donairborne Click To Tweet
Resources In Today’s Episode:
Are you ready to start planning for your Abundant Retirement?
Contact Don and his team at Ross Wealth Advisors today to start with an easy conversation about your retirement plans and options.
You can give us a call at: (614) 545-0277
Or, come by the Ross Wealth Advisors’ Columbus, Ohio Offices at:
1093 Fishinger Road
Columbus, Ohio 43221